Saturday, May 5, 2012

On the eve of my travels...

Here I sit, at Logan international airpot on the eve of my travels to Thailand, with thoughts of excitement, eagerness, and a little bit of nervousness. Mainly, I feel ready to go--I've been talking about this trip with friends, family, and just about everyone I've interacted with in the past two weeks, and I'm ready to stop talking about it and start actually experiencing it! It's going to be quite a trip just to get there--28 hours of travel time to get to Bangkok via San Francisco and Beijing, and then a final flight over to Ubon Ratchathani on Monday morning. Total trip mileage: 10,641 miles (it seems unbelievable, doesn't it?). And once I arrive, then the real adventure begins. I feel incredibly lucky and blessed to be able to do what I'm doing, and I am so thankful to everyone for your excitement and support of my trip, especially my parents.

I'll give another update soon, and by then I'll be in Ubon! In case you're curious about it, here's a link: Ubon Ratchathani

No comments:

Post a Comment